Air Quality Dispersion Modeling Services
McVehil-Monnett Associates provides a full range of air quality dispersion modeling services including:
- PSD permitting and regulatory analyses
- Minor source permitting analyses
- National Environmental Policy Act analyses for Environmental Impact Statements / Environmental Assessments support
- Impact assessments for litigation purposes
- Various research and specialty applications
Staff experience includes all current regulatory models, such as AERMOD and CALPUFF, as well as complex terrain modeling tools. MMA maintains an up-to-date library of all current EPA air quality models, as well as proprietary, special-purpose models. MMA has the capability to run the Weather Research and Forecasting (WRF) model to generate 3-D meteorological data fields that can be used as inputs for the base for CALPUFF or AERMOD.
Our atmospheric scientists have completed numerous complex modeling projects for a wide range of clients. Model applications include:
- Large industrial complexes in urban areas with hundreds of emission sources
- Power plant assessments for both near-field and far-field impacts
- Historical deposition estimates for smelters, coking facilities and other mineralogical processing sources
- Impact assessments for litigation actions
- Long-range transport analyses to define regional haze and acid deposition impacts
- Mining impacts from excavation, haulage, blasting and natural wind erosion
We understand that model selection and application are based not only on regulatory requirements, but also on a thorough knowledge of client and project needs, characteristics of project emission sources, facility layout, meteorological factors, surrounding terrain and model limitations. We design unique modeling approaches as necessary to address regulatory requirements, compliance issues, design/control questions and litigation concerns. We develop software tools for processing meteorological data, source parameters and model output, as required by project-specific needs. Software tools allow for efficient and accurate model input, and assist with analyzing and processing model output in specialty cases when other software applications are inadequate.
Download a print-friendly summary of our air quality modeling services.